Saturday, April 25, 2009

THE GIFT OF PSALMS REVIEW

I received this book as a member of Thomas Nelson’s Book Review Blogger program http://brb.thomasnelson.com Thank you

This is a beautiful book of 50 psalms with a brief summary of the psalm followed by a related prayer that we can use. Three CDs are also included in which 30 psalms are read by well-known actors and the summaries & prayers are read by the same narrator.

The book itself is physically beautiful and I really enjoyed having the summary to deepen my understanding of the psalm. I appreciate the prayer to make it more personal. But I was not as impressed with the CDs as I thought I’d be. I enjoy audio books to enrich my commute, but hearing some of these over dramatic actors made it unbearable at times. The narrator had a comforting voice most of the time, but occasionally he got caught up in the drama too.

I will enjoy this book for a long time, but I will give the CDs to someone who can better appreciate them.

No comments: